[Tweeters] RFI, bird parts question

Constance Sidles constancesidles at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 12:51:05 PST 2008

Hey tweets, I know it is illegal for unlicensed persons to possess Bald
Eagle feathers, but I wonder if any tweets out there know more specific
regulations? To wit:
• Which agency in the government regulates this?
• What bird species are forbidden?
• How often does the list of forbidden species change?
• If someone gives you an illegal feather, what should you do with it?
• Is there a web site with information about this?
• Are licenses hard to get?

For the record, I don't have any feathers of any kind. However, I am
thinking about requesting window kill from tweeters out there. I
sometimes give talks to people about birds, especially prior to a walk
around the Fill, and I have found that showing them how birds work,
using window-killed carcasses (not really smashed ones!), is very
interesting. I don't want to use illegal carcasses, though.

Thanks for any help you can give. - Connie

constancesidles at gmail.com