[Tweeters] WOS Birdbox Report

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 21 16:50:52 PST 2008

Hi Tweeters,

The Washington Ornithological Society sponsors the phone-in rare bird alert system for Washington State, the number is 206-364-1162.

2 New Reports:

Saturday, 12-20-08 4:04pm This is Tom Aversa from Seattle, today I was surprised to see at least 300 Snow Geese migrating south low over Aurora Avenue S., so I guess they don't like this weather.

Saturday, 12-20-08 5:05pm This is Martha Taylor, 206-523-4677, today at 3:30 at Magnuson Park twenty Snow Geese were grazing on the soccer fields above the dog park. Also an adult Cooper's Hawk, Killdeer, Lincoln's Sparrow, Hooded Merganser, Red-necked Grebe, Pied-billed Grebe, Common Merganser, and a few other things so that is it, good luck and good birding.

Report transcribed for WOS by,
Kathy Andrich
Roosting in Kent, near Lake Meridian
(chukarbird at yahoo dot com)