[Tweeters] Run on Red-breasted Sapsuckers

Brett Wolfe m_lincolnii at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 21 18:57:26 PST 2008

Hiya tweets,

I saw a Red-breasted Sapsucker (RBSA) outside my window yesterday. First one I had seen at my spot on Capitol Hill. A friend also reported seeing one in Medford, OR yesterday. I haven't been able to get online for a couple days because my computer is "in the shop" right now. I have been amazed at how many reports of RBSA there have been on this listserv and on the Central Valley Birds listserv in California. This seems an unusual amount of reportings and it makes me wonder - are there actually more of them showing up right now all over the west coast, or are they just being reported more because they are such a neat bird to see? Ideas? Thanks and stay safe in all of this snow!

Brett A. Wolfe
Seattle, WA
m_lincolnii at yahoo.com