[Tweeters] Snow Goose - West Seattle/White Center

Jim%20Flynn merlinmania at comcast.net
Fri Dec 26 12:04:24 PST 2008

Hi Tweets,

Well another Snow Goose seems to have wandered to an unusual spot looking for food. Around 9 this morning I was getting gas at the Shell station on Roxbury Street, near 28th Ave SW. As I was getting ready to leave I saw a white goose across the road at Roxhill Park. Although I didn't have my bins I could see the slightly orange head and black wingtips - Snow Goose!

There were also a few GW Gulls and three wigeon feeding on the bits of grass showing through the snow. Roxhill park is just a small, grassy park - perfect for a goose I guess. Roxbury Street is the SW dividing line between Seattle and White Center so if you are bizzarely-minded (like me) you could tick this goose on both city lists at once.

Given that one of the last unusual birds I spotted was the Scrub Jay I saw while gassing up in Georgetown I guess it pays to keep your eyes open when doing errands!

good birding,

Jim Flynn

Seattle, WA

merlinmania at comcast.net