[Tweeters] Gull at Kennedy Creek

Buchanan, Joseph B (DFW) Joseph.Buchanan at dfw.wa.gov
Wed Dec 31 15:54:54 PST 2008

Today (31 December 2008) I saw a gull at Kennedy Creek estuary that
caught my interest. It was essentially all white (or nearly so) and had
fine dark barring on the back. The bill was all dark. It had dark eyes
and flesh-colored legs. There were Glaucous-winged Gulls in the
vicinity and the mystery gull appeared slightly smaller, although I did
not have a good side-by-side comparison. It looked just like the
Iceland Gull in Sibley. It and other gulls were scared into flight by a
low-flying Bald Eagle and I did not see it again, but I suspect it
landed and joined a nearby group of gulls. I am not a gull expert. Any
ideas? I'll probably be out at the estuary on Thursday.