[Tweeters] Doves, Varied Thrush &. . .

William Markey wmarkey at clearwire.net
Tue Dec 23 12:55:01 PST 2008

I was out in the sunshine yesterday afternoon trying to get a few photos of
the birds at the feeders. I was trying to take photos of Flickers, Downy &
Harry WP's, Juncos, Song Sparrows, Chickadees (Chestnut-backed &
Black-capped), Spotted Towhees and Mourning Doves on the ground when the
first Varied Thrush of the season landed in the view finder for a few
shots! (Unfortunately, not very good pictures!) I also had a female
Red-winged Blackbird at the tray feeder before I went out to photograph.
She didn't come back while I was out with my camera.

This year we seem to have a high ratio of Chestnut-backed Chickadees to
Black-caps, maybe 30% to 40%. I am actually east of Auburn in the country,
maybe that is why.

For the first time in winter we have a flock of about 8 Starlings at the
feeders. Usually they are only here in the spring and summer.

Will & Willie Markey
Auburn, WA