[Tweeters] Alder Lake birding

TedR coffeemonkey101 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 3 17:52:05 PST 2008

The family and I went out for drive and ended up at Alder Lake Park in southern Pierce County. I wasn't out there for birding specifically but I brought the binoculars and camera as always. Saw and heard quite a few birds despite the intermitent snow. RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER was the first bird I saw as it flew between trees. We ended up seeing a couple of these sapsuckers. We saw multiple BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEES, VARRIED THRUSHES, BROWN CREEPERS and AMERICAN ROBINS. I spotted what appeared to be a GOLDEN-CROWNDED KINGLET but I was not able to get close enough to know for sure (distinct golden crown, not sure what else it could be). I heard a GRAY CATBIRD in the distance but was not able to visually confirm.

Great day outside with a little birding thrown in to make it that much better.

I love the PNW.

TedR
Fredrickson, WA
mailto:coffeemonkey101 at comcast.net