[Tweeters] Union Bay Nature Area or aka Mountlake Fill

Themartins themartins at tndmartin.com
Sun Jun 1 14:16:43 PDT 2008

We met some nice folks on our visit today: one from Toronto and one, whose
last name, we believe, is Rife. Mr Rife pointed out the nest and egg being
guarded by a pair of Pied-billed Grebes. He also confirmed our sighting of
a Green Heron that flew by overhead.

We had two of our grandchildren on our walk who we are grooming to be
birders and conservationists. However, they don't quite have the patience
for a long day so we only stayed about an hour just before lunch, but our
time was rewarded with the following:

Pied-billed Grebe

Great Blue Heron

Green Heron