[Tweeters] Burrowing Owls, better directions, south of Ephrata

vickibiltz at comcast.net vickibiltz at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 20:26:41 PDT 2008

My email was rather confusing so I am re-posting this. We were going SOUTH of Ephrata, when we encountered the Burrowing Owls on Highway 28, which turns into 283. After we located the nest, on the east side of the road, we continued to mile marker 12, did a u-turn to re-locate the exact spot of the nest, which was a mile back. There was no mile marker 13, that any of us saw. I do have a picture, which if anyone wants, you can email me. The guys say the nest was about 30 yards from the road, so maybe that is not as close as I thought. And the reserve we went to was actually NORTH WEST of Ephrata, (mostly north), Moses Coulee Preserve.

Thanks, and have a great week,

Vicki Biltz
Bonney Lake Wa
vickibiltz at comcast.net