[Tweeters] Battle Ground Yard Birding

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 18:54:53 PDT 2008

Hi Tweeters,

This morning from my yard in Battle Ground, Clark County, I was surprised at
the number of migrants in the area. It was highlighted by two new year yard
birds:

PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER (calling and briefly glimpsed) - new year yard
bird
OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER (three pip call repeated at least four times): I
tried to convince myself that it wasn't an Olive-sided but further study and
consultation with my brother convinced me of the identity) - new yard bird
SWAINSON'S THRUSH - at least five including one finally seen (my first one
seen this year anywhere!)
WARBLING VIREO - singing away
WILSON'S WARBLER - two singing
YELLOW WARBLER - one singing
CEDAR WAXWING - small flocks flying north

I presume that these will be the last Spring migrants I will see/hear from
the house this year as I left for Walla Walla earlier this afternoon for the
WOS meeting.

Good birding and safe travels to everyone.

Jim

--
Jim Danzenbaker
Battle Ground, WA