[Tweeters] Varied Thrush - Yellow-headed Blackbird - and Swallows/Swifts galore

Rob Conway robin_birder at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 19:50:14 PDT 2008

Today I had a Varied Thrush bathing in my mini-stream in Preston near Preston-Fall City Road and SE 68th - I'm guessing the snow I could see this morning on top of the ridge above Snoqualmie/North Bend might have driven this bird down to friendlier space. I also saw a single male Yellow-headed Blackbird at the small pond near the Issaquah Costco headquarters (Pickering Place) viewed from the bridge between Costco and the Issaquah Cinemas - this same location had Barn, Tree, Violet Green, Northern Rough-Winged, and Cliff swallows and Vaux's Swifts down low and 10 or so Black Swifts up very high - the bugs didn't have a chance.

Rob Conway Preston / Fall City, WAlatitude 47 32' 20" , longitude -121 54' 42" robin_birder at hotmail.com
Enjoy 5 GB of free, password-protected online storage.