[Tweeters] Bald Eagle in Lacey/Nisqually area

Jennifer Griffith jbgrif at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 21 21:39:05 PDT 2008

Sorry for the late post, but when I was driving on I-5 N last evening (Fri.), not far from Nisqually, I noticed a very large bird flying overhead, being chased by some small birds. In an evasive maneuver, the raptor partially tucked its wings & spiraled sharply down. Just before diving into some pines growing in the median, the white head & tail became clearly visible. Yeah, my first bald eagle since moving here! Wouldn't have imagined a couple tiny birds irritating an eagle enough to make it take such evasive action, but it sure was fun to watch!

Jennifer Griffith
Lacey, WA