[Tweeters] Mouse poison?

K Scarbrough kscarbrough at verizon.net
Sat Jun 28 01:46:14 PDT 2008

We have recently been hit with an invasion of mice *inside* our
home--pantry, sewing machine, coffee pot, couches. We are getting someone
out this week to clean and seal the crawl space. I have bought hundreds of
dollars of Tupperware and Clorox and haven't seen any more, at least.

However, these businesses strongly recommend baiting as well. I have
live-trapped and am tired of carrying smelly mice, and risking potential
injury, through the neighborhood to the woods far beyond. As avid birders,
however, we are opposed to risk to our feathered and native furry friends.
I've read about first-generation (warfarin) vs. second-generation
(brodifacam) pesticides and their potential effect on owls, hawks, foxes,
etc. Ugh.

I'm having trouble with this. Any suggestions?

(Please excuse me if this isn't an allowed topic...just slap my wrist)

Kerri W. Scarbrough
Woodinville, WA