[Tweeters] Red Crossbills-Renton

amy schillinger schillingera at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 12:05:45 PDT 2008

The two Red Crossbills I heard and observed the other day have now grown to a flock size of 15+. They are furiously eating the Douglas Fir tree seeds inside the cones. The trees are only about 20-50' tall so I'm getting great views with the scope. This is the first year I have noticed them in this neighborhood (I have been here since 1993). I know that these birds aren't rare by any means but its nice not to have to travel east or high into the mountains to see them.
Amy Schillinger
Renton, WA 98059
schillingera at hotmail.com