[Tweeters] red-necked phalaropes at nisqually

SOMER, LONNIE lsomer at highline.edu
Fri May 9 09:43:04 PDT 2008

Hi Tweeters,

After seeing Joseph's wonderful photos I decided that I had to stop by
Nisqually this morning on the way to work. When I initially arrived at
the first pond (on the left going to the creek), there were no
shorebirds. After a few minutes, 8 Red-necked Phalaropes flew in
(around 8:30 or so). They were soon joined by a small number of Least
Sandpipers and 1 Dowitcher (sp?). I don't get to see Red-necked
Phalaropes very often. It was a real treat. Good birding,

Lonnie Somer

Olympia, WA

wheelermombi at comcast.net