[Tweeters] Grasshopper Sparrows @ Soap Lake Road, Okanogan County

Michael Fleming michael-fleming at myway.com
Tue May 20 19:15:06 PDT 2008

I spent this weekend birding in Okanogan County near the towns of Brewster and Okanogan. It seemed like every time I turned around there was a BULLOCK'S ORIOLE, as they were at most all the sites I visited. I stopped by the Cassimer Bar Wildlife area to look for least flycatcher but had no luck. I faired much better along the Soap Lake Road, which is about 4 miles north of Brewster on Hwy 97. A mile or so along this road I had GRASSHOPPER, LARK, and BREWER'S SPARROWS. Along the Cameron Lake Road just after entering the area of Ponderosa Pines (about 5 miles from the Hwy 97 junction in Okanogan) I had WHITE-HEADED WOODPECKERS, I've seen them at this location before and they have been reported by other observers in this area also. Overall a fun time checking out some old sites and exploring some new ones.

Cheers and Good Birding;

Michael Fleming

Ballard, Washington

Michael-Fleming AT myway.com