[Tweeters] mystery birds (links)

Devorah Bennu birdologist at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 10:06:13 PST 2008

Hello tweets,

the most recent "demystified" mystery bird, thanks to my friend John del Rio who was vacationing in Hawai'i, was a Nene, Nesochen sandvicensis, as you all correctly identified;

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2008/11/todays_mystery_bird_for_you_to_82.php

this bird owes its existence to the successful cooperation between wildlife biologists and aviculturists.

today's mystery bird is courtesy of Rick Wright, and can be viewed here;

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2008/11/todays_mystery_bird_for_you_to_83.php

this bird is not too difficult to identify, however, Rick likes this image a lot because it shows the wing formula so well, so in this case, we are going to ask you to age and sex this bird as well as identify it.

cheers,

GrrlScientist
Devorah
http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/
Roosting high up a tree somewhere in Central Park, NYC