[Tweeters] Red-shouldered Hawk - YES

William Boyington wrboyington at msn.com
Sun Nov 9 17:30:24 PST 2008

Hello Tweets,

I saw the Red-shouldered Hawk this morning (Sunday) at the Kent Ponds just after 8:00 a.m. It was on the Osprey pole, but as Kathy Andrich said, it's quite wary. I parked in the parking lot across the street behind a partial screen of small trees and bushes. There were good looks with a scope, but the bird looked at me a few times in the course of looking around, and, after a few minutes, flew into the trees west across the pond. From my location that still gave me a distant view.

The next stop was Tumwater Falls Park, where I saw 3 American Dippers, one of which did some impressive foraging in the somewhat-high fast-moving water in the rapids between the two falls.
Regards,

Bill Boyington
wrboyington at msn.com<mailto:wrboyington at msn.com>