AW: [Tweeters] Skagit Pom Jaeger, Cassin's Auklets, Rusty Blackbird

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 07:39:18 PST 2008

Dear Ryan and Tweeters,

Wow, Ryan.

I don't know what Pomarine Jaeger records exist for Skagit. The records I have from various people show no Pomarine Jaegers up to 1995 in Skagit, so maybe there was a sighting between 1995 and now; that might be how it made it onto the "Washington Birder" checklists.

According to Keith Wiggers, Libby Mills thought she saw some Cassin's Auklets at Deception Pass in August of 1989, plus or minus a year or two. I know of no other records in Skagit for Cassin's Auklets.

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch   Near Lyman, Washington (Skagit County), USA   garybletsch at yahoo.com