[Tweeters] Battle Ground Update

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:55:10 PST 2008

Hi Tweeters,

Wow, what's that in the sky....sun?

With the change in the weather, there's been a bit of a change in the
birds around my Battle Ground, Clark County yard. The Pine Siskins
have essentially disappeared having left a pile of spilt seed on the
deck. There're a few Varied Thrushes, Purple Finches, and Winter
Wrens around and this morning I was glad to locate four Evening
Grosbeaks. Many geese have arrived including every size of Canada
Goose imaginable. There are two immature Sharp-shinned Hawks that
wreak havoc on the Steller's Jays, Red-shafted Flickers, and
Starlings. A big surprise was a male COMMON MERGANSER that cruised
overhead this morning which brings my yard total to 114 for the year
and 128 overall.

Keep your eyes and ears skyward!

Jim

--