[Tweeters] Battle Ground Update

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:55:10 PST 2008

Hi Tweeters,

Wow, what's that in the sky....sun?

With the change in the weather, there's been a bit of a change in the
birds around my Battle Ground, Clark County yard. The Pine Siskins
have essentially disappeared having left a pile of spilt seed on the
deck. There're a few Varied Thrushes, Purple Finches, and Winter
Wrens around and this morning I was glad to locate four Evening
Grosbeaks. Many geese have arrived including every size of Canada
Goose imaginable. There are two immature Sharp-shinned Hawks that
wreak havoc on the Steller's Jays, Red-shafted Flickers, and
Starlings. A big surprise was a male COMMON MERGANSER that cruised
overhead this morning which brings my yard total to 114 for the year
and 128 overall.

Keep your eyes and ears skyward!

Jim Danzenbaker
Battle Ground, WA