[Tweeters] Slate-colored absence

Art Wang ArtNancy at harbornet.com
Fri Nov 28 15:45:15 PST 2008

We had a male Slate-colored Junco show up for a new yard bird on
Thanksgiving morning, although I've only seen less than 10 juncos in the
yard. I actually saw 3-1/2 new yard birds yesterday, including the
Slate-colored as the half. We moved last summer to Oldtown in Tacoma, to a
condo with a more urban setting than our old Proctor neighborhood just a
mile away, so Song Sparrow was also new yesterday. The leaves on the trees
are finally down enough to get a better view of the bay, so I stood on the
sofa and also added Horned Grebe and Barrow's Goldeneye.

Art Wang

Tacoma WA