[Tweeters] Point Wilson

Bob Whitney rlw at cablespeed.com
Thu Nov 20 08:25:57 PST 2008

11-19-08, time 1100-1600, tide outgoing, swell 1 foot to none, calm winds,
light cloud cover to clear skies, temp 52 degrees

Yellow-billed Loon 1

Common Loon 3

Pacific Loon 23

Red-necked Grebe 6

Horned Grebe 8

Double-crested Cormorant 24

Pelagic Cormorant 18

Brandt's Cormorant 5

Common Murre 12

Pigeon Guillemot17

Rhinoceros Auklet 5

Marbled Murrelet 12

Ancient Murrelet 25

Glaucous-winged Gull 13

Glaucous-winged Hybrid Gull 20

Mew Gull 7

Bonaparte's Gull 4

Surf Scoter 28

White-winged Scoter 9

Harlequin Duck 14

Long-tailed Duck 2

Bufflehead 7

Common Goldeneye 1

Red-breasted Merganser 14

Sanderling 5

Dunlin 4

Song Sparrow 2

House Finch 15

It has been six days straight that I have seen the Ybl at Point
Wilson. Two of those days I have seen two individual birds. There must have
been close to thirty others who have also seen the YbL many for the first
time. If you are interested in seeing the YbL your best chance is between
the hours of 1200 and 1600 north of the lighthouse at Point Wilson. Look to
the east across Admiralty Inlet and west towards mid channel. Most days the
YbL has first been sighted to the east and moves with the current in a
westerly direction feeding. Good luck.

Bob Whitney

Port Townsend, WA

mailto:rlw at cablespeed.com