[Tweeters] Red-necked Phalaropes at Edmonds Marsh

Anne R. Winskie winskie at zipcon.net
Mon Sep 1 16:11:50 PDT 2008

Dear Tweets,

Things were pretty quiet when I visited the Edmonds marsh from 1-3 today.
The water was high and there was very little mud. However, from the public
path on the South side of the marsh in front of the new condos I could look
down on the small ponds that are not visible from the marsh boardwalk.
There were 4 Red-necked phalaropes in those ponds. There were also at least
3 Purple Martins hunting/sitting on the wires along the RR tracks. (Thanks
to the gentleman who pointed them out!)

Hope your Labor Day brought some interesting birds!
Anne

John & Anne Winskie
mailto:winskie at zipcon.net
Winskie Services