[Tweeters] FW: Toppenish NWR, 8/21/08, additional sighting

FRANK BROWN franklauriebrown at msn.com
Mon Sep 1 17:01:41 PDT 2008

I forgot to put down my address and name. Sorry.

Let me add that on one small branch hanging over the pond at Fort Road and Lateral C Road, just north of Toppenish NWR, were 8 side-by-side migrant western wood-pewees, something I've never seen before. There were several singles moving through the refuge HQ trees as well.

Frank Brown
Seattle, WA

From: franklauriebrown at msn.comTo: tweeters at u.washington.eduDate: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 16:57:16 -0700Subject: [Tweeters] Toppenish NWR, 8/21/08

Two eastern kingbirds and a catbird were seen off the observation deck on the morning of 8/21. Also, a family of house wrens, two up close sage sparrows on the hillside south of the refuge, and flocks of migrating Townsend's and yellow-rumped warblers.