[Tweeters] RFI: Olympia Area Sep 10-12

Greg Coniglio gconigl3 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Sep 2 20:38:54 PDT 2008

Hello! I will be attending a training class in Olympia Sep 11 & 12. My
flight arrives mid day in Seattle on Sep 10. Not much free time, but was
wondering on any birding suggestions in the Olympia area. Specifically, I
wouldn't mind a few target birds, that I would like to photograph

Varied Thrush

Golden Crowned Sparrow

Townsend's Warbler

Hermit Warbler

Migrating Pipers

Auklets / Murrelets

I found Varied Thrush once at the Rainier Visitor Center (before I had a
nice camera!)

Any suggestions on these species, or also nice areas around there to visit?
(Nisqually NWR, I would imagine, is one)

Thanks for your help and good birding!
Greg Coniglio

Buffalo NY