[Tweeters] a few more migrants

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 08:43:28 PDT 2008

Up here in n. Lake Stevens we had a few passerines still moving through yesterday, however not as many as Labor Day weekend. Warblers had slowed, but we did have a MacGILLIVRAY'S, and RED-EYED VIREO could be heard in a dense thicket of Cal. hazel/Vining Maple nearby. Both of these could have been the same singles as found in the last decade of August, but I doubt it. A HAMMOND'S FLYCATCHER also appeared, our first fall migrant here, even singing at times. I thought I had the property's first Chipping Sparrow (heard call) but the bird turned out to be our first DARK-EYED (ORE) JUNCO of the season. Finally, a flock of 18 BAND-TAILED PIGEONS was moving fast southbound, high overhead, this morn.

Scott AtkinsonLake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com