[Tweeters] Re: Westport Seabirds; August 23; PNW trip

Margaret Sloan madsloan at comcast.net
Thu Sep 4 12:12:38 PDT 2008

Hi everyone!

Thank you for the input you provided which helped to make my trip delightful and a great success! Our weather on the Westport trip was exceptional and I have now posted most of those photos at http://www.pbase.com/laumakani/new
(I'm working on my "land" bird photos next and they should be appearing throughout the next week or so...)

We saw roughly 120 species and I got 30 lifers including the hermit warbler which was the subject of one of my Tweeters postings. We found it in a mixed flock in Capitol Forest. Another high point was a friend's house on the bluff near Dash Point where I saw at least 20 species, 6 of them new to me.

I look forward to a return trip to Washington! Again, thanks to all who replied to my postings. You were a great help!

Margaret Sloan
Missouri City, TX