[Tweeters] Kent Pectoral Sandpiper

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 20:06:31 PDT 2008

Hi Tweeters,

The new Thomas Pond hosted one Pectoral Sandpiper tonight. Also present in the shorebird department were:

Red-necked Phalarope is still around
Solitary Sandpiper, one
Wilson's Snipe, two
Greater Yellowlegs, one, flew away calling shortly after I arrived
Killdeer, several
Least Sandpiper, about a dozen
Western Sandpiper, about 8

A Brewers Blackbird came to drink and bathe and the sun on him just made him glow. Then I came home to a glorious sunset over Mt Rainier. A VERY nice end to the day.

To get to the new Thomas Pond take 272nd exit off of I-5, go west. Just after crossing over both directions of 167 take a right onto Frontage Road. The pond is the newly excavated area just past Toysmith on the left side of the road.

Kathy
Roosting in Kent, near Lake Meridian
(chukarbird at yahoo dot com)