[Tweeters] Laughing Gull

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 23:06:05 PDT 2008

On July 27th, '08 at about 5:15 pm, I had an adult LAUGHING GULL
overfly Dumas Bay in Federal Way. This was an adult bird in breeding
plumage which I have not reported previously. The "teardrop", dark
gray mantle, and black under wing tips were well observed. I am
familiar with Laughing Gulls having birded in Maryland and Delaware (
Little Creek) for many years. This was a single bird and when last
observed, headed Southeast or inland away from Puget Sound. Shortly
thereafter an early flock of 17 BONAPARTE'S GULLS passed through.

Hans-Joachim Feddern
Federal Way, Wa.