[Tweeters] Windust Flycatcher update

Mike and MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Sun Sep 7 11:40:58 PDT 2008

Hello all from MerryLynn,
Just returned home and had a message from Jacque Goodhew that they had been up to Windust and saw the Variegated Flycatcher - YES it has finally been identified! So if any of you are interested yes the bird is still there and many have seen it and many photos were taken. Mike will be free after 1:30 and we are headed up - hoping all those birders up there might find another vagrant to look for!!! Sounds like the birders have all headed to Washtucna.
If only we had the old National Geographic bird book with us - it is in there although we only saw the bird in tops of trees and in not too good of light and the crown certainly didn't look that dark! Thanks Ginger for letting me know - here we were looking in all the Mexico, Central and S. America books and just got more confused!
Good Luck to all of you who chase this one - still can't believe it - MerryLynn
Mike and MerryLynn Denny
Birding the beautiful Walla Walla Valley

If you have not birded, you have not lived