[Tweeters] Spokane, Adams, and Franklin counties yesterday - Golden-crowned Sparrow

Tim O'Brien kertim7179 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 08:42:43 PDT 2008

Yesterday, the family and I made the trek from Cheney to Ritzville and then down to Washtucna, Palouse Falls, and Lyons Ferry.  I did not thoroughly cover all the areas we visited, but ended up with some nice birds anyways.  Lyons Ferry was the most active with birds all over.

Aero Road ponds (Spokane Co.)

6 Killdeer, 1 Baird's Sandpiper, 2 Western Sandpiper

Basset Park (Adams Co.)

American Kestrel
Eurasian Collared Dove
Flycather spp.
Warbling Vireo
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Wilson's Warbler
White-crowned Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco

Palouse Falls (Franklin Co.)

White-throated Swift (at least 2)
Barn Swallow (attending nests in one of the picnic shelters)
Wilson's Warbler
White-crowned Sparrow
GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROW (1 single - I have 2 poor quality photos)
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

Lyons Ferry Fish Hatchery (Franklin Co.)

Belted Kingfisher

Lyons Ferry State Park (Franklin Co.)

WILD TURKEY (group of 10)
Ring-billed Gull
California Gull
COMMON TERN (5 adults - 1 in non-breeding)
Mourning Dove
Yellow-rumped Warbler (most numerous)
White-crowned Sparrow
House Finch