[Tweeters] Swift Night Out

Diann MacRae tvulture at vei.net
Sun Sep 7 13:02:32 PDT 2008

Hi, Tweets

800 plus nearly 12,000 made Monroe's Swift Night
Out a resounding success—that's 800 people in
attendance and nearly 12,000 Vaux's swifts
swirling overhead and finally into the chimney at
the Wagner Elementary School.

The weather was perfect for both viewing and
comfort, and people seemed to enjoy visiting the
tables set up by Seattle, Pilchuck, and East Lake
Washington Audubon Societies, PAWS, and our local
swift committee. Larry Schwitters gave two
well-received talks in the school auditorium to
over 400 people. The raffle went well, all but
two t-shirts were sold, and it was deemed a success.

If you missed last night, come out any night.
There will be counters, docents, and I'm sure
local townspeople to watch the chimney-bound swifts. 7-8pm is the best time.

Cheers, Diann

Diann MacRae
Olympic Vulture Study
22622 - 53rd Avenue S.E.