[Tweeters] Flycatcher Apologies

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 09:53:17 PDT 2008

Hi Tweeters,

My inbox was just flooded about the Windust flycatcher so I filed them all to read later. Today I could read through them all and learned that Variegated is really the name and not a descriptor. My descriptor was stripey which is apt but not right at all, my apologies. I am impressed with our Washington State birders and how they all worked through the ID. Charlie Wrights experiences south of the border paid off big time. I would love it if he posted his explanation to Tweeters. Dennis Paulson shared good reason's why Variegated was much more likely than Piratic. Thank you too to Denny Grandstrand and Ron Louderback for the wonderful photo's. I will be in E Wa relatively soon as a planned trip and can only hope our very famous bird sticks around and that the birders don't wear out their welcome. Someone should bring a guest book for the homeowner to use as long as the bird sticks around. If it does stick around we will have birders from all
around the country visiting.

Kathy
Roosting in Kent, near Lake Meridian
(chukarbird at yahoo dot com)
Any driving directions contained within this message are given as a courtesy, beware, author is directionally challenged and will not vouch for them.