[Tweeters] Gambling on Gambell lodging

Carl Haynie hayniec at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 15:19:10 PDT 2008

Hey, Tweets,

Just had to share something funny I learned about Gambell, AK, today.
This is the first time I'm looking into a DO-IT-YOURSELF trip to Saint
Lawrence Island. So, I called up the only lodge in town and gave them
some prime birding dates for next spring and fall. The nice lady at the
Sivuqaq Inn calmly informed me their building was booked for those
dates through 2018!

Evidently, unless you can arrange with one of the locals for lodging, you
pretty much have to go through one of the tour companies...?

Carl Haynie
Sammamish, WA