[Tweeters] Clinton (Whidbey Island) ferry dock -- PARASITIC JAEGER

Adam Sedgley AdamS at seattleaudubon.org
Wed Sep 10 08:38:08 PDT 2008

It was a gorgeous morning to be floating across the Puget Sound. Bird activity really picked up around the Clinton ferry dock with a large flock of BONAPARTE'S GULLS mixed with other gull species wheeling a couple hundred meters offshore. As the ferry came in, I delighted in watching a PARASITIC JAEGER make several aggressive passes through the flock, my first sighting this fall. I could watch their raptorial flight for hours.

An impressive flock of SURF SCOTERS has also assembled at the dock since last Wednesday. This should all be easily scopeable from the small park to the north of the ferry dock.

Cheers,
Adam Sedgley
adams at seattleaudubon.org