[Tweeters] Washtucna Tennessee, Magnolia Warbler

Ted Kenefick tgkenefick at MSN.COM
Thu Sep 11 00:33:38 PDT 2008

Hello All,

Just arrived back home after a long day (10 September) birding the migrant
traps at Bassett Park, Washtucna and Lyons Ferry. There were many
highlights including a first year TENNESSEE WARBLER initially located this
morning at about 7:15 and seen quite well by myself and John Wallace about
1/2 an hour later. This evening I located a first year MAGNOLIA WARBLER
also at Bassett Park. This bird was seen very well and photographed. It
reportedly had been found earlier in the day by another observer. I
observed the bird from 5:40 to 6:00 pm at the north end of the park in the
trees near the Patrick Sullivan memorial bench.

Some of the other highlights of an exhausting but rewarding day included:

Bassett Park
AMERICAN REDSTART - both the morning and afternoon visits
NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH - in the morning
LEAST FLYCATCHER - morning

Lyons Ferry
RED-EYED VIREO

The movement of more common warblers - YELLOW-RUMPED, WILSON'S, TOWNSEND'S,
YELLOW and ORANGE-CROWNED - was excellent throughout the day in both Bassett
Park and Lyons Ferry.

Finally, I had an all-too-brief look at what was most likely the Blackpoll
Warbler at Lyons Ferry. It was seen in the trees near the start of the
causeway leading out to the island.

Cheers and Good Birding,
Ted Kenefick
Seattle