[Tweeters] Whooping cranes & Ike?

Wayne Weber contopus at telus.net
Sat Sep 13 10:31:33 PDT 2008

Gary and Tweeters,

To the best of my knowledge, the main Whooping Crane wintering area is on
and near the Aransas NWR, which is far, far to the southwest of Galveston.
At least, that's where I've seen them in the past.

This area would undoubtedly have been subjected to some degree of storm
tide, but much less than that around Galveston and Houston. And luckily, the
Whoopers won't begin arriving there for several weeks yet.

Wayne C. Weber]
Delta, BC
contopus at telus.net