[Tweeters] Blackpoll Warbler at Davenport

Michael Woodruff crazybirder98 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 11:31:57 PDT 2008

I headed out to the Davenport Cemetery this morning for a quick check
of things. On the way had 1 Pectoral, 2 Least, and 2 Western
Sandpipers at Reardan Ponds. Not much diversity at the Davenport
Cemetery, but I did have a 1st-yr BLACKPOLL WARBLER in the tall firs
toward the east part of the cemetery at about 7:30. It was hanging
with Yellow-rumped's and staying very active. I also had 1 Townsend's
Warbler, good numbers of Yellow-rumped's, 1 Winter Wren, 1 Varied
Thrush, and 1 Hammond's Flycatcher.

my dad and I birded Washtucna, Lyons Ferry, Palouse Falls, Hooper, and
the Sprague Lake Resort for migrants. No hoped-for eastern rarities
although we had a great time running into and birding with folks like
Ruth Sullivan, Matt Bartels, Mike & MerryLynn Denny, Kathy Andrich,
and Rick & Tina Taylor. We did have a couple RED-EYED VIREOS in
Washtucna and a good selection of 8 warbler species, but nothing
unexpected. Others will probably post on specifics later.

Michael Woodruff
Spokane, WA