[Tweeters] Have You Ever NOT Seen a Robin?

Carol Riddell cariddell at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 14 14:39:53 PDT 2008

Hi Tweets,

A bird walk at Edmonds Marsh, Willow Creek Fish Hatchery, and the
Point Edwards public path this morning uncovered some nice birds but
there wasn't a robin in sight! I can't recall the last time that
happened to me. Seems like every day's list starts with robin and
then moves on from there. This walk was part of Puget Sound Bird
Fest at Edmonds. We started at the Marsh at 7:45 a.m. Here are the
birds we saw:

Virginia Rail (seen and heard)
Common Yellowthroat (1 juv.)
House Finch
European Starling
Song Sparrow
Marsh Wren (seen and heard)
Barn Swallow
Glaucous-winged Gull
Mallard
Killdeer
Wilson's Snipe (1)
Western Sandpiper (1)
Green-winged Teal
Black-capped Chickadee
Cedar Waxwing
Anna's Hummingbird
American Crow
Cooper's Hawk (1)
Pine Siskin
American Goldfinch
Belted Kingfisher (male & female)
Rock Pigeon
Steller's Jay
Northern Flicker

There were a couple of Pine Siskins feeding with a large flock of
Goldfinches at the far end of the Point Edwards public path where
fireweed and thistle have gone to seed. As we came back down the
hill to the hatchery we saw probably 10-15 Steller's Jays fly across
the road and into some tall conifers. Some American Wigeons were at
Shell Creek (one third mile north of the Edmonds ferry dock) later
this morning.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds