[Tweeters] Skagit Whimbrels

jeff gibson gibsondesign at msn.com
Tue Sep 16 18:52:14 PDT 2008

Stopped off very briefly at Skagit WRA ' haydens farm' access this evening on my way home to Everett.

It was about as quiet as it gets out there on Skagit Bay - warm calm and clear - the marsh Asters blooming and full of bees, gull's calling. Doesn't get much better than this , I was thinking.

Very quiet birdwise too. The most abundant bird was Savannah Sparrow - dozens in the fields, driftwood, ect. A few Harrier's and Herons about, and 20 or so Dowitchers. That was about it.

But as I was walking out 4 WHIMBRELS flew over - always a pleasant surprise anywhere on the Sound. So no matter how good it gets, I guess it can always get a bit better

Jeff Gibson, Everett WA