[Tweeters] Kent Pectoral Sandpipers

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 08:52:19 PDT 2008

Hi Tweeters,

Last night at the new Thomas Pond in Kent there were 4(!) Pectoral Sandpipers. What a treat. One was very close in and I got wonderful looks at its bright juvenile plumage. The other three hung out together further out with an American Pipet. One Semipalmated Sandpiper remains with very few other small sandpipers while I was there, just one Least and one Western. Lots of Killdeer. Last week when I visited as it was getting dark the population of sandpipers changed a lot with some flying out and some flying in so it looks like the variety can change at any time.

Kathy
Roosting in Kent, near Lake Meridian
(chukarbird at yahoo dot com)
Any driving directions contained within this message are given as a courtesy, beware, author is directionally challenged and will not vouch for them.