[Tweeters] Feeding Gray Jays

Ruth Taylor rutht at seanet.com
Thu Sep 18 20:35:23 PDT 2008

Hi All:

If you can stand one more post about feeding Gray Jays, sometimes the
feeding is unintentional. Years ago, several of us stopped for lunch during
a hike on Mt Baker. I learned what a Gray Jay was when one intercepted half
a sandwich on its way to its owner's mouth. He (the sandwich owner) was so
startled that he let out a yell, dropped the sandwich, and the jay got away
with part of it when it fell. Based on hiking experiences, I also learned to
identify the other "camp robber" (Clark's Nutcracker) several years before I
became interested in birds.

Ruth Taylor
Seattle/Ballard
rutht AT seanet dot com