[Tweeters] Buff-breasted Sandpiper at Midway Beach

Gregg Thompson gregg_thompson_ret at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 21:10:56 PDT 2008

Today I found 1 Buff-breasted Sandpiper at the pond (used to be 2) at Midway Beach. Shorebird numbers were sparse but a interesting collection of species at Midway Beach. 2 Snowy Plovers, 2 Pectoral Sandpipers, 2 Killdeer, 1 Western Sandpiper, 1 Red-necked Phalarope, 1 Greater Yellowlegs, and 1 Green-winged Teal.
Bottle Beach was closed and I didn't try to sneak in. On the weekend you can probably get away with it.

Gregg Thompson
Gregg_Thompson_ret at yahoo.com