[Tweeters] Rainy Birding at Home

travelGirl travelgirl.fics at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 15:17:45 PDT 2008

watching the world fly by today, i had a swainson's thrush visit just a few minutes ago, preceded by pine siskins coming out of my ears (maybe 40-50 at a time) for the first time in quite a while (six months?)... i've also got a persistent douglas squirrel who seems to think my feeders are his larder... it's unfortunate he's so athletic, because when he reaches the feeder (and he can, no matter how difficult i attempt to make it), the feeder tips dramatically and the feed scatters on my porch where only the juncos and towhees visit... i wouldn't mind so much if the total weren't more than the juncos and towhees could clean by themselves, but such is not the case... :)

00 caren
http://www.parkgallery.org
george davis creek, north fork