[Tweeters] Wood duck invasion continues

diane_weinstein at msn.com diane_weinstein at msn.com
Thu Sep 25 10:10:44 PDT 2008

I live next to a pond and also have a mini Wood Duck invasion going on. They move so fast and were mixed in with the Mallards so it was hard to get a good count, but I think there must have been at least twenty of them in the yard. In addition, the yard was filled this morning with Gold Finches, Red-winged Blackbirds, Stellar Jays, and Flickers. A Green Heron then flew in and sat in my cherry tree watching all the birds and activity. He seemed to be saying: Hey, there is a party going on and nobody invited me. The party ended abruptly when a Coopers Hawk flew in.

Diane Weinstein
Issaquah