[Tweeters] Love, Sex and War in the Seychelles (link)

Devorah Bennu birdologist at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 12:24:27 PDT 2008

Hello Tweeties,

as promised, here is the scientific paper that I told you I was working on: Love, Sex and War in the Seychelles, or, "How a very rare bird species predicted the current worldwide economic collapse". This fascinating research paper studies how individuals seeking to maximize their relative fitness can jeopardize the survival of a population;

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2008/09/love_sex_and_war_in_the_seyche.php

I also would like to draw your attention to a gorgeous image from the Ilse of Lewis (Scotland) provided by Dave Rintoul;

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2008/09/butt_of_lewis.php

cheers,

GrrlScientist
Devorah
http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/
Roosting high up a tree somewhere in Central Park, NYC