[Tweeters] Vulturally Full Fill-ing

Constance Sidles constancesidles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 15:38:53 PDT 2008

Hey tweets, this morning at the Fill, a double-digit kettle of TURKEY
VULTURES flew over - I counted 18. They soared over Husky Stadium but
did not stop there to pick at any carcasses of fans who just can't take
it anymore. Instead, they twirled around trying to find a workable
thermal and then flapped their way south.

After that,I figured, anything else was gravy. But what gravy! Later in
the morning, I found a WESTERN SCRUB-JAY flying and calling and
perching around the southwest pond. I've been hoping for one of these
for at least a year, and today was the day. It was celestial - bluer
than the sky and whiter than the cumulus clouds.

Also present:
MOURNING DOVE
WESTERN MEADOWLARK
WARBLING VIREO
RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET

Altogether, I saw 41 species today. - Connie, Seattle

constancesidles at gmail.com