[Tweeters] BirdNote -- last week and next, the week of September 28, 2008

Ellen Blackstone ellen at 123imagine.net
Sat Sep 27 12:02:41 PDT 2008

Hello, Tweeters,

This past week, BirdNote aired:
* Bird's eye View, what birds see
* Autumnal equinox and Rachel Carson
* Seabird Crash with Tony Scruton
* Phalaropes, spinning while foraging
* Living Alone on Earth, E.O. Wilson & Verlyn Klinkenborg
* A Murder, a Party, a Stare, or a Siege, collective nouns
* how birds songs reach into our memories

Coming up: http://tinyurl.com/BirdNote-Week-of-9-29-08
Shows may vary by station. Please check the website.

BirdNote is an audio program, two minutes per episode, which is aired on
several public radio stations (shows may vary by day). You can also
listen to the mp3 or read the transcript on the website. It’s available
as a podcast: http://www.birdnote.org/birdnotepodcast.xml All episodes
are in the archives. Or search for your favorite bird on the website:

Do you have comments for BirdNote? Please drop me a line!

Ellen Blackstone
mailto:ellen at 123imagine.net
Seattle, Washington
BirdNote is now heard on KPLU, Seattle/Tacoma, 8:58AM daily; KOHO,
Leavenworth, WA; KTOO, Juneau, AK; KMBH, Harlingen, TX; KWMR, Pt. Reyes,
CA; WNPR, Connecticut Public Radio, 5:49AM and 8:58PM; WRVO in Oswego,
NY; and WRCJ in Detroit.