[Tweeters] RFI: grouse and partridges

John Puschock g_g_allin at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:41:10 PDT 2008

I'm forwarding the following for Lynn Barber. She's doing a big year (currently at 691) so she needs places to see the following birds between now and Dec. 31:

I am trying to decide which places to go (yet this year) to find a Gray
Partridge, Sooty Grouse, Dusky Grouse and Chukar. I would be pleased to
hear from anybody who has recent information about good places to go
where there is a fairly good chance of finding any one (or even better
more than one) of these birds in the Oct-Dec. timeframe. I will be in
Washington from Oct.1-5 for a first try for at least some of these
birds, as well as possibly for Boreal and Northern Saw-whet Owls.
Thanks for any information that anyone has on this.

Lynn Barber

Fort Worth, Texas
dalybar at AOL.COM