[Tweeters] Looking for someone to go shorebirding with

Nathaniel Peters ncpeters at u.washington.edu
Mon Sep 29 12:36:58 PDT 2008

Hello Tweeters,

My name is Nathaniel Peters and I just started grad school here at
UW. I have noticed on the bird alerts that both Sharp-tailed
Sandpipers and Ruffs are beginning to move through, and I have not yet
had the good fortune to see either of these species (I've tried for a
Ruff several times before and failed). Since I am new to the pacific
northwest, I also do not have species such as Rock Sandpiper either.

I do not have a car of my own and am not particularly skilled in
shorebird identification, but if someone who can identify these
species is willing to let me tag along on one of their birding
adventures, I would be more than happy to split gas costs. I live in
the University District and my phone number is 9312246154. I will
also check my email regularly. Thank you.

-Nathaniel Peters
ncpeters at u.washington.edu
Seattle, WA